Friday, July 27, 2007

Altered Posh Pink and Orange Circle Altered Tin Can

This is one of my faves!

At first I didn't like the way the project's going, so I took a day's break and then revisited it. Afterwards, things just started to gel and this ended up being one of my faves.

Materials: I used My Mind's Eye's Tres Jolie line for the body and Heidi Grace patterned paper on the top. Inside paper - specialty paper from Paper Sources



I also used ribbons on edges to partition the lid and body.

I affixed ribbons, sayings, buttons, brads for embellishment and to hide the paper cuts caused by scrap-patching to fill-in vacant segments because i didn't have enough paper!

The inside I covered with striped pink and brown pattern paper from Paper Source. Of course, other scraps were recycled to create matching tags and cards. TFL!






Tip: I think i'll stick to squares and rectangles for altered art. The circle tin was pretty unruly to wrap at the beginning!

1 comment:

Debby Winters said...

What a beautiful project! The circle may have been "unruly" but definitely worth the frustration! WOW!